Monday, December 10, 2012

December

Dear family and friends,
It's been an eventful week. Wednesday was transfers, so I received my new companion, Elder Wilbur. We were in the MTC together so I already knew him, but he's been in Quebec for the past 4 months. I'll be in Ottawa for at least 1/4 of my mission, possibly more if I stay here again for another transfer (which is very possible). Thursday was zone study so the whole zone was here. On Friday we had a less with our new investigator Awuet (a wheat). She is from Egypt and has 2 kids. We committed her to baptism and she accepted and asked if her kids could be baptized too, so we should have 3 baptisms coming up soon! On Saturday we met a lot of very friendly less actives in the ward. Our ward christmas party is this Saturday, so it's a great opportunity to invite our investigators and less actives out. Sunday wasn't quite what we were hoping it would be. If everything had panned out we would have had 6 investigators at church, but we ended up with two. Such is the story with missionary work haha. Still a good week though. I'm a bit jealous that my best friend and my brother get to be in the MTC together, but I'm excited for both of you! The work is pressing onward here. This week the zone leaders were asking all the companionships if they think there's room in their apartment for another companionship... The mission is going to explode with missionaries before too long! This morning we woke up to freezing rain. I have never seen this before in my life. Apparently it's an eastern thing. It happens when the water in the clouds is still liquid when it starts to fall, and it drops below freezing as it falls through the air, but it doesn't freeze because it's being stirred by the air around it. When it lands, it freezes instantly to whatever it hits. When we woke up this morning there was a thin layer of ice on everything. It was pretty crazy. Well I'm gonna go play a board game or something. Love you all!
Elder Oxborrow

No comments:

Post a Comment