Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Cold Again...


After a good stretch of lukewarm temperatures, it has dipped back down again. Last night it reached about -17. I'm excited for summer ha. It's not as bad now though because we've reached the point where the sun actually helps warm us up. We'll be out in short sleeves before too long though. It's just a matter of time.
This week we continued to find new investigators, but also continued to have a hard time meeting with the investigators we already had. We had a lot of good visits with less actives as well. Also this week, Elder Leon starting teaching me some Spanish. There are a lot of Spanish speakers in the area so it would be sweet to be able to learn it as well as French. The pronunciation is a lot easier than French, and a lot of the structure is the same so it shouldn't be too difficult, but I'll have to practice it a lot.
This week in Quebec there was a huge event called Red Bull Crashed Ice, which is basically a race on ice skates down a track with jumps and sharp turns and such. We were lucky enough to go see it! We were only able to stay for a few minutes but it was still awesome to be there. Also, on Saturday we had transfer calls and we found out Elder Leon and I are both staying here. I was super excited and relieved. Ever since I got here I've wanted to see this place in warmer temperatures. There's a lot to do and see in Quebec in the summer, like there is in the Winter.
Also, this week we got mail from the mission office and I just wanted to thank everyone for the happy birthday wishes!
Love, Elder Oxborrow
P.S. The pictures are from the past few weeks.
-A scorpion at our investigator's house
-My birthday cake
-Red Bull Crashed Ice



No comments:

Post a Comment