Monday, October 14, 2013

October News from Trois Rivieres!

Hey everyone!
This was a pretty awesome week. We stayed pretty busy. I went on splits with the zone leaders up in Québec City so it was cool being next to my old area for the day. I was with Elder Olsen from Idaho for the day. We actually both had the same trainer so that was fun to talk about. Plus I trained his MTC companion back in Ottawa so we have a lot of mutual companions. On Friday there was a meeting in Montréal for all the trainers. It was pretty good but a lot of driving. I think Saturday was the biggest day this week since there was a... baptism! The other elders in our area had been working with an excommunicated member and his daughter and they were both baptized on Saturday... but it was no everyday occurence... After he was baptized, he got out of the water, was confirmed, ordained a priest, then he got back in the water and baptized his daughter! It was sweet! That night we had transfer calls (I can't believe it's already been 6 weeks!). Our whole 4 man apartment in staying the same so I'm pumped for that. Our district is awesome. This morning the four of us went bowling. I was a little rusty but happy to say that at least I scored over 100 both games.
The work is going well and we're finding some cool people! Love you all!

Elder Oxborrow

No comments:

Post a Comment