Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November in Trois Rivieres

Hey everybody!
Hope you all had as good of a week as I did! Sorry for the unexpected change of P-day this week. We had a conference yesterday from 8:00-16:00. It was pretty long but awesome and I learned a lot. We had Elder Peiper from the 70 come and train us (parents: he told me I have to thank you from him for raising me right).
So last week we did service at a family's house where we raked and moved like billions of leaves. While we were having lunch the sister said how she thought it was so cool how we do the same work that the apostles did in the time of the New Testament. Her sincerity and conviction touched me and it reminded me what an important work I'm involved in.
On Thursday we had interviews with President Patrick. He came to our apartment (we were sure to clean it) and used one of the rooms to interview us. He always has good insights. I think he'll be a general authority one day haha. On Friday night a member had set up a time when we could go play basketball with his son who is inactive in the church. It was cool and we got to know him whereas in another situation he may not have been as open to spending some time with us.
On Saturday I had the privilege of interviewing Nick, who is an investigator from the Phillippines that the sisters have been teaching, for baptism. It was cool how he had had experiences which helped him gained a testimony for nearly every baptismal question. He's been being prepared for a while. His baptism is this Saturday. It will be awesome.
As for weather, it snowed for a couple days straight but then it had crept back up above freezing. Today it is very cold but no precipitation.
Love you all!

Elder Oxborrow

No comments:

Post a Comment