Monday, February 24, 2014

Winter in 3 Rivers

Hey fam,
Consider yourselves lucky that the snow is already pretty much melted. We still have huge piles everywhere. What's worse is that we still have another two months of snow storm potential. I can't complain too much though because the Winter is Trois Rivières was much more mild than the Winter last year in Québec city. Time is flying though so I'm sure Winter will be over before we know it.
We had another semi-packed good week. We finally had some investigators at church! It had been a while that our investigators hadn't been making it out. We had an awesome African meal Friday night with our investigator Williane from Cameroon and then Sunday morning we walked with her to church. She seemed to enjoy it. She loves discussing the word of God. Stéphane has really been doing well he's been coming out to church and family home evening without too much emotional distress. One of the most rewarding things about being a missionary is seeing people progress and truly change.
We've been having some good success in building our relationships with the members here. We've done it through service and just having visits with them. Remember that when the missionaries come by for a visit it's not just for fun but it's to have stronger ties with members so that we can work together more effectively. Do all you can to act on invitations they leave with you.
So President Patrick has requested that some of the missionaries from my group stay one more transfer which would mean 4 weeks past the 2 years (June 26) rather than the transfer 2 weeks before which would put me home May 15. I'm not sure yet what I'll be doing since I do need to get going on work and school. Let me know if you have any thoughts. I'll let you know what I end up deciding. In any case, time is absolutely flying.
Love you all!
Elder Oxborrow

P.S. I keep leaving my camera in the car so next week I'll try to remember it so I can send pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment