Monday, May 27, 2013

Hi :)


Hey everybody!
Great to hear from you all this week. Sorry to hear about Sam. Hope he's doing ok.
It's been another great week here in the heart of the Ottawa Valley. We had a lot of fun and a lot of success this week. Our investigator Tanya made it out to watch the baptism of a girl in the ward and she really enjoyed it. She was pretty neervous about getting baptized but I think that helped her a lot. She's been progressing very well. In the nearer future though, we've got Brandon who's getting married and baptized on the 8th of June. That night is also transfer calls so it's going to be a crazy day to be a missionary. Yesterday we had a bit of an adventure. A guy from Toronto was up visiting so he showed up to our church. He's the only member in his family, who all live in our area. We went by to try to visit his sister after church where he was staying. She wasn't home but he came out and talked to us for a second then asked if we had a minute to go meet his cousin. We said yes and we got in his car. We drove through the small town (some would say hick town) of Chalk River, Ontario with him and stopped at a house in the bush. We got out and met his aunt, uncle, and two cousins. They were all super nice and were kind of red necks haha. We talked and got to know them for a bit then he drove us back to our car. It was cool to see a member, not even from our branch, jumping at the opportunity to introduce us to people. That's what the leaders of our church are talking about when they discuss member missionary work. We can knock on doors all we want and maybe meet some interested people occasionally, but if we had member missionaries like him more often introducing people to the missionaries, the missionary work everywhere would explode. Anyway, I'm done with my rant haha.
I'm picking up a bit of a Canada accent up here. I need to stop serving in English areas haha. Transfer calls are already coming up again a week from Saturday. I can't believe how fast this transfer has gone. I guess it's cause we've been busy. Oh man, and with it my year mark is in a couple days. I'm not sure what is happening to the time. I used to think a year was a long time but now I'm not so sure. Well I'm doing well. Love you all!
Elder Oxborrow

No comments:

Post a Comment