Monday, May 6, 2013

New Area!


Hey everyone!
It was a really good week this week. Wednesday I left Quebec at 8 a.m. and got to Montreal around 11. I saw three past companions there which was super cool. The best thing about being transferred is seeing all the other missionaries who are there. We were supposed to catch the bus for Ottawa at noon but everyone wasn't ready so we didn't end up leaving until 2. We got to Ottawa at about 5 where Elder Boehme and Elder Moolenbeek were awaiting my arrival. We had to leave right then since we had a dinner appointment an hour away to get to. Elder Boehme was in the MTC with me so I already knew him, but Elder Moolenbeek is actually from Ottawa and he's been here waiting for his visa to go through (serving in California), but he's leaving tomorrow so it'll be just down to two of us.
The area in Petawawa has been full of success lately so I came in at a good time. It's a small town feel and it reminds me of home. This week was stake conference for the Ottawa stake which means I saw tons of people from my first area. It was pretty cool but pretty weird at the same time. I got to see Zoe! It was super weird since she got baptized while I was gone so she's a member now. It was super cool. I also got to stand in the circle to give a young man from Fallowfield the Melchizedek Priesthood. It was a good day. It's been a super busy week and I'm excited to get back up to Petawawa to get more familiar with it. I'm short on time today but I'll write more next week. Love you all!
Elder Oxborrow

No comments:

Post a Comment