Monday, June 10, 2013

Eventful Week

Hey everybody!
There was a lot going on this week. It was a bit stressful. That's life. On Monday after P-day we drove down to Ottawa for zone study on Tuesday. Zone Study was in the morning and after that we had a contacting activity planned. Basically all of the missionaries in the mission were teaming up in the big cities and just talking to as many people as possible. I was assigned to Gatineau which is a pretty French city so I got to brush up on my French so that was good. Elder Keenan (my companion for the day) and I contacted 235 people. It was awesome haha. As a mission, we contacted over 10,000 people all in one day. It was pretty sweet. On Wednesday we had splits with the zone leaders so they ended up just coming to our area and spending the night at our apartment. I was with Elder Gamez (Gameth) for the day. He's from Spain so I had him help me out with my Spanish while we were knocking doors. They left for Ottawa Thursday morning.
We ended up having to push back Brandon's baptism so it's scheduled for this Sunday. He's been doing awesome and should be ready. We still had the wedding on Saturday though. It was pretty cool. They're looking forward to being married in the temple a year after his baptism. I'll be finished with my mission by then so I may just have to come back for it.
Saturday night was transfer calls... I'm staying in Petawawa and Elder Boehme is getting transferred to Alma, Quebec (look it up, it's way out there haha). He's looking forward to a good 11 hours of transportation. I will be the new district leader here and my new companion will be Elder Wright (don't know him, just know of him). I'm excited for the change and am Grateful for everything I learned from Elder Boehme.
Love you all!

Elder Oxborrow

No comments:

Post a Comment