Monday, January 27, 2014

News from Trois Rivieres

Hey family!
I can't believe it's already been another week. Time is flying by. We stayed pretty busy this week. We helped a lady in the branch install a floor in her basement. That was the first time I've used power tools on my mission haha. The next day I went on a split with Elder Boscan the new missionary in our apartment. He's a good worker and is a natural with French (plus he already speaks English and Spanish). We had some good appointments. On Thursday we had to drive into Montréal for Elder Read's doctor appointment. He has some knee troubles. He started his mission in Africa but had to go home for knee surgery. He got reassigned to Montréal and has been here since October but now it's looking like he's going to need another surgery. I feel bad for him. It would be hard with so much pulling your attention away.
Lately we have been finding and teaching tons of Africans. It's awesome how humble, open, and faithful they are. We got a Mormon.org referral this week for a lady named Anita from Ivory Coast. We passed by and found out her mom is a member in France. She lives with her husband Pierre and their 3 kids. They already had a Book of Mormon, a bunch of pamphlets and we also found out they used to get the Ensign. These people have been living in Trois Rivières just around the corner from where we have our church meetings for over 6 months and we didn't even know about it. The power of a referral. We had even knocked her street before but they most not have been home when we were there. Moral of the story: if you know someone who should be in contact with the missionaries who's not, refer them! We had a good lesson and we brought one of our less-actives with us to teach them. It was a good appointment and the member was strengthened as well. I'm starting to wonder if I'll finish my mission in this area. If I don't get transfer with the next transfer I'm pretty sure I'll finish here. That would mean I was here for over 8 months. We'll see what happens.
Anyway, I'm doing and feeling well and just trying to make the most of every day. Thanks for all the support! It comes from so many different people in so many different ways. Love you all!

Elder Oxborrow

No comments:

Post a Comment