Monday, January 28, 2013

In Canada, it's not girly to wear a scarf.


Hello family and friends,
It's been a fun second week in Quebec. The language is still hard to understand. I hope I'm understanding more but it's hard to tell. Some people have some crazy accents. On Tuesdays we teach a free English class and that's a lot of fun. I never realized how hard of a language English is until I started teaching it to someone who doesn't speak it. We've had to spend a lot of time this week searching for an apartment because of the new missionaries coming in. I have a feeling my companion and I will both be training again soon. We have a lot of awesome investigators but right now our main focus is Constance. She's about 20 and is doing awesome. Her baptism date was set for February 23 but a couple things we were waiting on got lined up faster than we had expected so she's being baptized on the 9th! We're super excited for her.
A few days ago I was asked to give a talk in church. I was pretty nervous about it since my pronunciation still isn't the best, and I've never given a talk in French. I typed it all out though so I knew I could have that to fall back on. It went pretty well. I talked for about 18 minutes and didn't realize I was going that long so I hope I didn't bore anyone ha. Well the work here is progressing, and we're looking forward to the changes coming our way. Hope all is well back home. Sounds like a lot of people are getting mission calls. Good stuff.
Elder Oxborrow

No comments:

Post a Comment