Saturday, January 26, 2013

Je ne comprend pas francais


Well first off, the city of Quebec is beautiful. Everything is so old! All the church buildings are big stone structures, and everything is French. Although I don't have much of a problem getting my idea across, understanding what people are saying to me is another story. Some of the french accents here are crazy! We have a decent sized area. We cover about the bottom third of the part of Quebec City that is north of the St Laurent River. Basically we cover the down town area including Old Quebec which is awesome. We take the bus/walk everywhere since we don't have a car. I don't mind it too much. It feels good to be walking around instead of just driving everywhere. The only downside is that it has been freezing cold here with plenty of wind. Last night Elder Oviatt and I were walking to an appointment and the wind was gusting at 80 mph. It's kind of ridiculous how cold my face was. After a few minutes of walking, I looked at Elder Oviatt and noticed his ears were turning white. He started warming them up and noticed they had started turning a bit hard. Good thing we caught it when we did or it could have been bad. We have to be careful to stay near some place we can warm up since we don't have a car to warm up in. I'm loving the new area.
Love, Elder Oxborrow

No comments:

Post a Comment