Monday, April 29, 2013

Transfers





Well another week has come and gone, and with it another transfer call which let me know that this would be mine and Elder Leon's last week together. :( It was a good week though. We worked hard and saw a lot of success. We met almost all of our goals for the week too. It always feels good to end the transfer with a good week. Our miracle investigator Mireille accepted a baptism date, as well as Sada one of our other investigators from Nepal.
Saturday was a big farewell dinner for one of the guys in our ward who's going into the MTC on Wednesday. We went to that, but had to leave a lit early for transfer calls. We had to be in our apartment at 8 but the call didn't come until 9. I found out I'm being transferred back to the Ottawa zone haha. The area is called Petawawa and it's purely English. It's the furthest West area in our mission. My companion is going to be Elder Boehme and he's from the same transfer as me (3rd time!). I'm excited to go back but I'm worried I'm going to lose some of my French. I'll have to make sure to always speak French with Elder Boehme.
Sunday after church I took some pictures and said goodbye to the members of the branch. That night we stopped by Shun (recent convert) and Bin (his dad who is an investigator) to say goodbye, then we stopped by a former investigator and he ended up feeding his snake a live mouse while we were there and he let us record it. It was pretty crazy but it ate up all the memory on my camera haha. He also has like 3 mountain bikes, one of them is worth like $9,000. He let me take some pictures of those too.
Today Elder Leon and I are planning to visit some of the shops in Old Quebec that we've been wanting to visit for a while. I hope you're all still alive and doing well! Happy birthday to three of my grandmas!

Love, Elder Oxborrow

No comments:

Post a Comment