Monday, December 16, 2013

Happy Holidays from Trois Rivieres!

How's it going? I hope it's nice and cool down there like it is up here. That cold wind of humidity bites hard up here. At least I'm in a car area unlike last Winter (knock on wood since there's a transfer coming up in January). I'm really enjoying the Christmas season this year though. It seems to be easier to forget yourself during Christmas and desire joy for those around us. This week we were able to visit a lot of less-active members and share a message reminding them of the "reason for the season". While we were watching 'Mr Krueger's Christmas' with one family I was reminded of the importance of spreading love to those around us during the holidays, and it's certainly not hard when so many other people are doing it for us.
While we were doing some home teaching with a brother in the branch, a less-active lady pulled out a loaf of homemade bread and a box of cookies for each one of us. Every Christmas I find myself wondering why we don't show the same love throughout the year, and then as I think about it I realize that some people do. Some people never stop loving, giving, and acting with charity; we just have to decide to be one of those people.
Yesterday we had a huge snowstorm so there weren't a ton of people at church. It was hard to see where the lanes were on the road but for the most part people were driving pretty safely. The worst part is that we have a Chevy Malibu (commonly referred to as 'Maliboat' among missionaries) which is pretty terrible for snowy conditions. I miss that little green pickup truck.
Elder Yan and I have been playing a lot of Christmas songs-him on violin, me on ukulele. We're going to try to record some at a member's home. I'll try to send you some if it works out.
The picture was taken and edited by one of our less-actives Frère Paquin.

Love, Elder Oxborrow

No comments:

Post a Comment